Rating4/5 (from 4 ratings)4
Stems from one large head of broccoli
½ cup cashews
10 sun dried tomato halves (soaked at least 1 hour)
3 clove garlic
1 dash sea salt
1 dash cayenne pepper
1 dash cumin
¼ cup sesame seeds
1. Chop broccoli stems (should be about 2 cups) into small pieces.
2. Blend all ingredients, except sesame seeds, in cuisinart until they form a paste.
3. Add sesame seeds to cuisinart last (so they don’t get broken up too much) and process just until mixed. Taste the mixture, and add more salt, cayenne, or cumin if you want. I actually added a few more pinches of cumin to mine!
4. Spread thinly onto dehydrator sheet, and run a knife through the paste to form triangles, so that the chips will easily break into triangle shapes later.
5. Dehydrate until they are stiff enough to lift off the sheet easily, break into triangles and flip over, and dehydrate until crispy. (I dehydrated mine at 110 for 17 hours, flipped them, and then dehydrated ‘em for another 5 or so)
Minibeast's ThoughtsBy minibeast
I made these crunchy guys to eat with guacamole. I love playing with this new dehydrator!!
(My cat was feeling left out today since I didn’t make anything she could eat, so I let her be in the picture :o))
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Has anyone bought a Vita Mix from the US for use in Europe?TammiTrue - 5 hours 22 min ago
parchment paper and dehydrating timeworkoutman4252 - 6 hours 11 min ago
Dehydrator experimentation dayFee - 8 hours 10 min ago
I wondered where goneraw had gone...TammiTrue - 18 hours 37 min ago
Raw Bacon Recipe - what happened to it?TammiTrue - 2 days 7 hours ago