Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
Yield1 massive Lady Le Harle sized smoothie
1 bag spinach
Fresh ginger root (as much as you can handle)
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1 tablespoon honey or agave
1 white skinned peach (or any sweet fruit you have on hand)
1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
Juice of 1 lemon
Sprinkle of apricots (dried)
Water (enough to help the blender do its job)
1. Put the spinach, water, banana, sweet fruit, lemon juice, honey, fresh basil, and apricots in the blender and give them a good whiz.
2. Slice your desired amount of ginger root (nice and thin) and add them to the mix.
3. Blend again. By now, it will taste fresh and zingy and pretty much ready to go.
4. Pour 2/3 of this smoothie mixture into a large vessel--I use a big jar.
5. Add the cacao powder to the remaining smoothie in blender and blend for a few seconds.
6. Swirl this on top of the smoothie mixture.
Lady Le Harle's ThoughtsBy Lady Le Harle
I have just discovered adding fresh herbs to my morning smoothie (thyme and rosemary are also lovely in green smoothies).
The chocolate and basil flavors melt perfectly with fresh spinach and ginger.
This will pick you up out of a morning fog and hopefully have you feeling lovely all day!
Use apricots without sulfur preservative. Hint: They are not bright orange, but more brown and caramelized.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Pomegranate is on the front lines of skin defensemikem - 1 day 12 hours ago
Less hungry on raw diet?Harmony1 - 1 day 17 hours ago
What You Ate Todayalexg9433 - 2 days 2 hours ago
Lip BalmAmelia421 - 2 days 9 hours ago
What's the best moisturizer for dry skin?Amelia421 - 2 days 10 hours ago