1 cup walnuts or hazelnuts
1 cup almonds
10-12 dates (more for sweeter)
1/2 to 1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
Half an apple (diced)
1. In a Vitamix (or food processor), combine all the ingredients except the diced apples. This should come out as a thick, chewy texture. It requires some help with a large spoon as it’s mixing because the dates keep it from moving, but do the best you can.
2. Empty into a bowl and add in the diced apples. Mix with clean hands preferably.
3. Take a golf ball size of the dough and spread in a cookie shape with your hands and place them in the dehydrator. I sprinkled some extra cinnamon over mine, which is optional.
4. Set temperature at 145 Fahrenheit and let it dry for 7 hours.
5. Turn them over and repeat for another 7 hours. If you like them extra soft and chewy, about 10 hours would be perfect. More of a crisp will need the 14 hours with an additional hour sitting out on a plate. Or you could just adjust it to the temperature you’re used to.
This will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth!
Mine made approximately 15-18 cookies but the dough expands really well, so it makes quite a bit.
I hope you like these just as much as I do!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2019 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!