Rating4/5 (from 3 ratings)4
½ cup dried coconut (ground into flour)
¼ cup golden flax (ground)
¼ cup cashews (ground)
¼ cup sesame seeds (ground)
¼ cup date paste
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup cashew butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of cardamom
1. Grind coconut, flax, sesame, and cashews separately in either a Vitamix or coffee grinder.
2. Combine in a bowl with cardamom and cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl, combine date paste, cashew butter, and coconut oil into a paste.
4. Combine paste with flours to achieve a cookie dough texture. You can use more date paste if you prefer a sweeter dough. If the dough seems dry, add a little water.
5. Press the dough onto the bottom of a large plate and cut into wedges. Serve the wedges as is or dehydrate for a crispy shortbread.
Circleakitchen's ThoughtsBy circleakitchen
A not too sweet cookie dough that can be dehydrated into crispy flaky shortbread.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Staying raw during quarantineClaireT - 6 hours 15 min ago
Alkaline water - healthy or not?katherinep - 1 day 19 hours ago
Body craving warm foods to stay warmkatherinep - 1 day 20 hours ago
I have been buying organic oats from a prominent supplier. They will not sprout.ClaireT - 1 week 1 day ago
Should I sprout all my seeds and nuts?ClaireT - 1 week 1 day ago