Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
YieldMakes a dehydrator-tray sized flat-loaf
6 cups vegetable pulp from juicing (ideally plenty of greens)
3 cups sunflower seeds (soaked, sprouted)
1 cup sesame seeds
1 cup tahini
1 cup sesame oil
1 tablespoon powedered chili peppers
1 tablespoon cumin
2 tablespoons fresh ginger to taste (grated or minced)
2 cloves fresh garlic to taste (pressed or minced)
1 lemon (squeezed or juiced)
1 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
1 cup olives (pitted)
1. Process the sunflower seeds until smooth. If there isn’t any ginger or garlic in your vegetable pulp, now’s the time to add those in so that they flavor the bread evenly.
2. Mix in sesame oil, tahini, lemon juice, and olives, mixing well between additions.
3. Mix in spices: salt, cumin, chili. Make sure you taste the mixture as you’re adding things in—only you know how much exactly of what your body is comfortable with!
4. Mix in 1/2 of the vegetable pulp. If it’s difficult, you can either sprinkle a little water into the mixture or take some of the sunflower seed mixture out and mix it bit by bit. Get it as smooth as possible.
5. Spread and press the resulting mixture (sunflower seed mixture plus 1/2 of vegetable pulp) onto a Teflex sheet in a thick square.
6. Topping: Now sprinkle the rest of the vegetable pulp on top and press it in gently so it will stick together when dry.
7. Topping for topping: Sprinkle sesame seeds and some more cumin on top of the vegetable pulp, press gently.
8. Dehydrate at 100 degrees for 12 hours, turn over (put the new tray on top, go outside or over a sink so sesame seeds don’t go everywhere, and flip—good trick!) and dehydrate for another 8 hours.
9. Cut into small squares (very rich!) and serve with a light salad.
Za's ThoughtsBy Za
What to do with vegetable pulp left over from juicing?
Especially when you’ve been juicing beets, ginger, garlic, celery, dandelion greens, apples and carrots?
(That makes a delicious and highly detoxifying juice, by the way!)
And what to do when your next door neighbor makes a hobby of growing and drying his own chili peppers?
I found the answer at last. My mother, who is a very non-raw gourmet, adores this.
FW0663 - adidas samba ireland live score last night - adidas Futurenatural Shoes Vivid Red Mens | adidas cq0858 pants girls women shoe store boots Release Eldership - adidas cm8077 sneakers boys youth shoes size 6 - IetpShops
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note