1½ pounds button mushrooms (washed, stemmed)
Dash of olive oil
Dash of balsamic vinegar
Dash of raw honey or agave
½ cup apple (diced)
1/3 cup celery (diced)
¼ cup raisins
1 cup cubed raw onion bread
½ cup hazelnuts (ground)
1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
½ teaspoon sea salt
¾ cup fresh parsley (diced)
10 fresh sage leaves (diced)
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and honey, and pour into a large Ziploc bag with the mushrooms. Allow mushrooms to marinate at room temperature for at least an hour, turning occasionally to coat.
2. In a large bowl, combine the apple, celery, raisins, and onion bread.
3. In a blender, blend the pine nuts, hazelnuts, olive oil, and lemon juice until smooth. Pour over the onion bread mixture and stir to coat.
4. Add the fresh herbs and seasonings. Stir until well combined, and adjust to taste if necessary.
5. Arrange mushroom caps in a shallow baking dish. Fill each cap with a small mound of stuffing.
6. Pour the marinade into the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle stuffed mushrooms with ground pepper to taste.
7. Place mushrooms in dehydrator at 110 Fahrenheit for a few hours until soft and warm. These are even better the following day, so feel free to make them in advance and re-warm them before serving. Enjoy!
These are absolutely decadent. A must for holiday gatherings!
You might even want to double the recipe just to watch your non-raw relatives swoon.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2020 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!