Rating4/5 (from 1 ratings)4
2 cups raisins (these may be soaked for 1-2 hours to soften)
2 cups walnuts
½ cup carob powder (Optional: 1/4 to 1/2 cup carob powder, if you're really looking for an authentically fudgey taste. Begin with 1/4 cup, blend and add until you reach the desired taste)
4 to 5 bananas
1 cup unsweetened coconut (shredded)
½ cup apple juice (raw or juiced)
2 teaspoons tahini
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
1. In a food processor, combine raisins and walnuts and blend until moist and fudgey looking (this may turn into a ball—that’s okay, just make sure you can still see pieces of the walnut. This should not look grainy from too much processing).
2. To give this an even fudgier taste, try adding a bit of carob powder. This may not be necessary, because the raisins and walnuts really do provide that effect.
3. Remove the mixture from the food processor and mold onto a plate or pie pan.
4. Mash 2 bananas and place in a blender or food processor with the apple juice, ½ cup of coconut, tahini, honey, and vanilla. Blend until smooth. Remove from food processor and place in a bowl.
5. Slice the remaining bananas and mix into the filling, leaving a few to arrange on top of the pie.
6. Pour mixture onto crust, arrange banana slices, and sprinkle the remaining coconut on top.
7. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg for decoration.
8. Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes prior to serving. Slice and serve.
EMH's ThoughtsBy EMH
This pie recipe is quick and easy to make, and your friends will be impressed by how authentic it tastes.
For those who are beginning a raw lifestyle, giving up sweets can be the most difficult hurdle. Your worries are over!
This recipe for Chocolate Banana Cream Torte will more than satisfy your craving for baked desserts. The best part is that it takes less than 15 minutes to make.
This dessert was inspired by a combination of two recipes. The resulting dish is a fudgey, banana-filled addiction!
Your friends will be amazed by this dish—just be careful not to eat the entire pie in one sitting!
Live food recipe that tastes like the real thing.
Hint: This is a great dish to serve to people who are skeptical about raw or live food or as an introduction to those who are interested in “going raw.”
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Sprouting Hemp Seeds?wd8572 - 14 hours 2 min ago
Ladies: Treating Strep B Naturallykendalg - 22 hours 42 min ago
What is the opposite of RAW FOOD?ClaireT - 1 day 15 hours ago
Fat, Tired of trying to lose weight.TammiTrue - 3 days 8 hours ago
Shower Filterandrewp - 6 days 23 hours ago