Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
1 cup almonds (ground)
1½ cups golden flax seed (ground)
2 pears (skin removed)
3 Medjool dates
2 tablespoons honey
Pinch of salt
Water as needed
½ cup macadamia nuts
½ cup cashews
½ lemon (juiced)
2 teaspoons honey
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons water
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon water
Dash vanilla extract
Ground nutmeg (optional)
1. For the filling, In a Vitamix, combine all the filling ingredients and place in refrigerator.
2. To start the pastry, put ground almonds and flax seeds in a medium sized bowl. In Vitamix, combine pears, dates, honey, and a little water to get the mixture moving.
3. Stop blender and add nuts and seeds. Blend again until you have a batter (be careful not to heat batter).
4. Allow batter to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Place batter into pastry bag or Ziploc baggie with corner cut out. Pipe batter onto teflex sheets into donut shapes.
6. Using a spoon, spread some of the batter to fill the hole slightly. Get out your cheese filling and a dollop of filling in the center of each pastry.
7. Make a glaze out of the honey, water, and vanilla by blending together. Drizzle lightly on each pastry.
8. Sprinkle with some ground nutmeg and place in the dehydrator for 12 hours.
9. Flip and dehydrate for another couple hours.
Aziah's ThoughtsBy Aziah
I wanted to make some pastries and had some of Alissa Cohen’s cheese crepe filling left over, so I created a pastry around the filling.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Products that Even out Skin tone?eleanorh - 10 hours 2 min ago
Cilantro - How much per day is safe?roseb1959 - 2 days 3 hours ago
opinions about coconut waterEmmac01 - 3 days 9 hours ago
Helloooo Raw Christians....Fellowshipofthemartyrs - 3 days 14 hours ago
ORANGE HANDS!emilytiddlywink - 4 days 8 hours ago