Yield1 dehydrator tray
3 medium carrots
3/4 cup pecans (soaked)
5 dates (pitted, soaked)
Water (from soaked dates)
1/4 cup chia seeds or flax seeds (ground)
Liquid sweetener of your choice
Dash of salt
Dash of cinnamon
1. Process carrots and apple in a food processor until well chopped. Set aside in a medium bowl.
2. Chop dates and pecans in a food processor. Add to carrot apple mixture.
3. Grind chia seeds (coffee grinder works well for me). Add ground chia to carrot 'dough'.
4. Add liquid sweetener, salt, and cinnamon to taste.
5. Add date soak water if more moisture is needed.
6. Spread on dehydrator sheet about 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
7. Dehydrate at 145 Fahrenheit for 1 1/2 hours, and then turn down to 110 and dehydrate 8 hours or until desired moisture is achieved.
8. Cut into squares and serve with coconut butter or sweet spread.
Jillian's ThoughtsBy jillian
A slightly sweet carrot bread.
Good for breakfast with a bit of coconut butter.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Alkaline water - healthy or not?katherinep - 18 hours 3 min ago
Staying raw during quarantinekatherinep - 18 hours 43 min ago
Body craving warm foods to stay warmkatherinep - 18 hours 55 min ago
I have been buying organic oats from a prominent supplier. They will not sprout.ClaireT - 1 week 5 hours ago
Should I sprout all my seeds and nuts?ClaireT - 1 week 6 hours ago