Rating4/5 (from 5 ratings)4
YieldServes 2 people in 4 inch pie or quiche pan
1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts (unsoaked)
1/2 cup raw cashew nuts (unsoaked)
Cacao nibbles (provides chocolate crunch; to desired amount)
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1/2 ounce Irish moss
4 tablespoons water
1/2 cup almond milk
2 dates (optional)
3 tablespoons agave nectar
3 tablespoons cacao powder or carob powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla beans (scraped)
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon light molasses or lecithin
2 tablespoons raw coconut butter
WHIPPED CREAM (OPTIONAL)
1 cup cashews (soaked)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla beans
1. Process ingredients in the food processor until crumbled finely.
2. Press crust into the pan and place the pan in the refrigerator while making the filling. If the pan is not non-stick, spread some coconut butter before pressing the crust to the pan.
3. Blend Irish moss (or avocado) and water until a gelatinous state (this takes a while in a blender).
4. Add all the other ingredients, except molasses or lecithin and coconut butter. Blend until smooth consistency. Once smooth, add molasses or lecithin and coconut butter and blend until smooth texture.
WHIPPED CREAM (OPTIONAL)
5. Blend all ingredients until smooth. Refrigerate for 1 hour before topping the mousse. This whipped cream recipe is versatile and can be used with fruits, granola or just by itself!
6. Take the pie shells out of the fridge and pour in the smooth chocolate mousse filling.
7. Set in the fridge for about 1 hour. Top with raw whipped cream and have fun!
Cheflandria's ThoughtsBy Cheflandria
By popular demand, here is the recipe for the raw chocolate mousse pie.
The recipe will serve 2 people and will fill up 2 X 4 inch quiche or pie pan, as seen in the picture above.
If you have left over filling, just fill a cup or wine glass then let it set. Top it with the raw whipped cream. Yum!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Alkaline water - healthy or not?JonWalter - 21 hours 44 min ago
Staying raw during quarantineClaireT - 2 days 12 hours ago
Body craving warm foods to stay warmkatherinep - 4 days 2 hours ago
I have been buying organic oats from a prominent supplier. They will not sprout.ClaireT - 1 week 3 days ago
Should I sprout all my seeds and nuts?ClaireT - 1 week 3 days ago