Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
YieldMakes 1 pint
3 young coconuts (use only ones with thick, pure white meat)
½ cup water (can also use fresh coconut water)
½ cup agave nectar
Half an orange
1. Scrape the flesh from the coconuts. Choose coconuts with pure white meat. It might be jelly-like, but it’s fine as long as it’s white. If the meat is too tough to scrape with a metal spoon, you will find, after a nudge with a spoon, you can pull the meat out with your hand.
2. Add all the meat to a Vitamix or other blender, along with water. Cut an orange in half and squeeze as much juice and some of the pulp from half of the orange into the blender. Add the agave.
3. Blend on high until completely smooth. The result should be a runny cream, with a mild milky orange color.
4. Freeze the mixture for an hour or slightly less if it starts to crystallize, and then pour the mixture into a running ice cream maker and let it process for 30-45 minutes. The beautiful result may be thick balls or slightly thinner, but it’s extremely delicious either way.
5. An alternative to an ice cream maker is to pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze for 2-3 hours, and then blend the cubes in a blender or food processor until creamy. You may need to add a tad of water to the blender or food processor, but try to use a very small amount.
6. Scoop into bowls and serve. Any leftovers should be refrigerated. Before serving, you should repeat Step 4.
RawKidChef's ThoughtsBy RawKidChef
When deciding what flavor to explore with my young coconuts, a smooth, rich, creamy orange creamsicle was the first I could think of. I had no idea, however, it would turn out so good.
It tastes just like a creamsicle from the Good Humor truck, but you’ll never believe it until you taste it! It looks just like it too. Also, you don’t need anything else to add to the coconut base because the orange balances out the coconut flavor.
P.S. I pictured this in a coconut bowl I made!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Skin Care Productsgeorge43 - 2 hours 40 min ago
Juice or smoothie to start the morning?rawtarian_jack - 7 hours 48 min ago
Maple SyrupClaireT - 11 hours 58 min ago
The Fruits Of Burma, Mango, Papaya From Fruits BDFruits BD - 20 hours 13 min ago
Capital TeasAnchorBeverages - 1 day 23 hours ago