YieldApproximately 8 chocolates
1/2 cup raw cacao butter
1/2 cup raw coconut oil
2 tablespoons raw cacao (in the powder form)
1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly grated)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
Pods from 1/4 vanilla bean
1/4 cup raw agave nectar or honey (to taste)
1 tablespoon cranberries (diced, dried)
1 tablespoon raw walnuts (diced)
1. Bring cacao butter and coconut butter to liquid state by placing a bowl of hot water under the bowl of butters (think raw double boiler).
2. Add raw cacao, lemon zest, nutmeg, cinnamon, and sea salt.
3. Scrape pods from 1/4 vanilla bean and add to mixture.
4. Stir in raw agave nectar or honey and sweeten to personal taste. Add more sea salt, if you would like to bring out the flavors more.
5. Delicately spoon the chocolate mixture into molds. An ice cube tray would make a great mold.
6. Sprinkle cranberries and walnuts into each individual mold.
7. Freeze for half an hour.
8. Release chocolates from mold.
Universally_grateful's ThoughtsBy universally_grateful
This is called "I'm Not Sharing" Raw Chocolate because my uncle grabbed the plate of chocolates to his chest and said, "I'm not sharing!"
Eat away. Enjoy. Guiltlessly consume.
There are lots of anti-oxidants to celebrate with!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note