2 ripe mangoes
Basket of strawberries (about 10 small berries)
1 1/2 cups dates
1/4 cup dried coconut (shredded)
1 1/2 cups almonds
1 1/4 teaspoons curry powder
Sea salt (a couple pinches)
1 1/4 cups cashews (soaked)
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1/4 cup almond milk
1. In your food processor, grind up about 8 dates with a heaping tablespoon of coconut oil.
2. Add 1 teaspoon Indian curry powder, the dried coconut, and the almonds. Grind and blend this until you have what looks like a glistening coarse meal.
3. Pour onto your pie pan and push down with fingers to form into the pan. I would suggest spreading a bit of coconut oil over the pan first just to be safe. Use wet fingers so the crust doesn't stick to your hands.
4. Put the crust in the fridge, and rinse out your processor for the filling.
5. Add 1 1/2 of your mangoes and about 6-7 strawberries. Add 3/4 cups of the strained cashews, a tablespoon of coconut oil, and a pinch of sea salt. Liquefy the filling.
6. Pour into the pan and set back in the fridge. Rinse the processor again to make the whipped cream.
7. Add the rest of the cashews, a heaping tablespoon of coconut oil, a 1/4 teaspoon of curry powder, a pinch of sea salt, 4 dates, and the almond milk. Blend until smooth.
8. Refrigerate separately. Serve each slice with a dollop of cream.
Rainbows's ThoughtsBy Rainbows
I just made this for dinner at my parents house.
I added the curry on a whim, thinking it would go well with the mango. I love making these raw pies with different fruit and flavor combinations!
We haven't eaten yet, but I am sure it will be delicious. :)
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note