Raw strawberry shortcake pies
Shelf LifeEnjoy immediately
Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
Yield4 mini tarts or 1 medium pie
- 1. To make the crust, place coconut and cashews in food processor. Process until flour-like.
- 2. Add the dates to the food processor mixture. Process again for 3 minutes. (It will seem like the mixture is too dry and you will want to add liquid. DON'T DO IT! Just keep processing. Eventually it will start to cling together and get oily-ish!). Stop processing once it will stick together when pinched.
- 3. Press crust mixture firmly into tart pan(s). Set aside.
- 4. Place all filling ingredients (except the cashews and the final 4 cups of strawberries) in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- 5. Add cashews and blend again until smooth. Pour filling mixture into large bowl.
- 6. Finely chop the remaining strawberries. Add to filling mixture and stir gently with a spoon.
- 7. Spoon mixture into tarts and enjoy immediately.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
These strawberry shortcake treats are a perfect summer dessert! A food processor and a blender are required for this recipe.
To get these nice fluted crusts, I used this simple 4" Wilton tart pan, which has a removable bottom that makes it easy to remove. Make sure to press the crust down very firmly so that the crust stays together. (If it won't stick together, you haven't processed it long enough.)
If preparing in advance, store the pie crust and filling separately, then spoon filling into pie crusts just before eating.
To make a smaller batch, feel free to halve the recipe. It won't be enough to make an entire pie crust (using a standard 8" pie dish), but if you have mini pie pans that'll be fine.
Optionally, forego the crust and simply serve filling in custard cups for a quicker result!
- This recipe is very low in Sodium.
- This recipe is low in Calories, and Carbohydrates.
- This recipe is a good source of Vitamin C.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Protein, Dietary Fiber, Iron, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin K.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
My Recipe Notes
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes