YieldServes 2, or 1 selfish person
1/4 watermelon (cubed)
1 tablespoon agave nectar
2 small limes (juiced)
4 sprigs of mint
Pinch of sea salt
1. Cut up the watermelon into bite size cubes and place in a large bowl (I used Tupperware, so I could seal it later).
2. In a 2-cup liquid measuring cup or a coffee mug (or whatever), add the leaves from 2 sprigs of mint, the juice of 2 small limes, and 1 tablespoon of agave.
3. With a citrus reamer (pestle, or the flat side of spoon), crush the mint leaves into the mixture to release their flavor. Pour mixture over the watermelon, add a pinch of sea salt, and mix by hand, coating evenly.
4. Tear the leaves from the two remaining mint sprigs into small pieces and mix in. Seal the bowl and refrigerate for one hour.
5. Drain the liquid from the bowl and transfer it to the freezer for one hour, or to desired chillness. Serve and rejoice.
Foodmonkey's ThoughtsBy foodmonkey
Mojito lovers, lend me your ears! Or tongues, as the case may be.
This is the lovechild of my two favorite summer treats.
Served chilled, it’s crisp and refreshing, and the sweet-tangy flavors compliment each other well.
Caveat: I should add that the whole melon-citrus thing is not ideal food combining, so if you’re especially sensitive to that kind of thing, you might want to skip this one. If you’ve got a stomach like Chuck Norris, proceed.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Any recipe requests?jockf - 4 hours 35 min ago
FRUITARIAN!!!!loverlyjoy - 2 days 3 hours ago
Sick when eating cooked foodloverlyjoy - 2 days 3 hours ago
Winter! Raw till four???? Advice!!! Weight gain?Harmony1 - 5 days 13 hours ago
Is bagged salads raw vegan?Harmony1 - 5 days 13 hours ago