YieldTwo 15 by 15 inch square dehydrator trays
2 cups pulp from making nut milk
1 1/2 cups almond milk
3 tablespoons each of flaxseeds, chia seeds, psyllium seeds, and sunflower seeds (soaked)
1 1/2 cups dry, whole flax seeds (ground)
1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons sea salt
1. In separate small bowls (3/4 cup size), put 3 tablespoons each of whole flax, chia, psyllium, and sunflower seeds. Add water to top of each bowl and stir seeds.
2. Make fresh nut milk. Measure 2 cups of pulp and 1 1/2 cups of nut milk and put in a medium bowl.
3. Grind 1 1/2 cups flax seeds and put in a large bowl. Thoroughly blend in the salt.
4. Drain the flax and sunflower seeds. The water on the chia and psyllium will be completely absorbed. Add seeds to the milk mixture and use a spatula to blend thoroughly.
5. Make an indention in center of ground flax seeds and pour in the milk mixture. Fold and mix the batter until fully blended.
6. For bread or wraps, line 2 dehydrator trays with teflex sheets. Put 3 cups of batter on each sheet. Divide it into six 1/2 cup portions on the tray, one on each corner, one on middle left and one on middle right. This makes spreading faster and easier.
7. Using your spatula, spread out the batter to cover the entire sheet. Then switch to an angled icing spatula (if you have one) to finish smoothing. If you dehydrate a lot of crackers, breads and wraps, this is a good investment. With a little practice, you can quickly make your breads very smooth and all the same thickness with it.
8. Dehydrate at 105 Fahrenheit for 4 hours (until dry on top), then turn it over by putting a tray without the Teflex on top, upside down and flipping.
9. Remove the Teflex sheet and score your bread in whatever size you want it. Continue to dehydrate for another 8-18 hours, depending on how you like it. Bread should be slightly moist in center and pliable. Wraps can be drier, so they are pliable, but dry enough that they can soak up filling juices of what you wrap in them. Once they are the dryness level you want, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will stay yummy for up to a week (if they last that long!)
10. For crackers, follow steps 7 and 8, adjusting the thickness and drying time. You will need 3 or more trays. Spread the batter as thin as possible. Dehydrate until totally dry, then store in an airtight container at room temperature or in refrigerator. They will stay fresh for a long time.
Note about temperature: To keep food raw and enzyme rich, the dehydrating temp must stay below 115-118.
Most dehydrators have a fluctuating temperature cycle. It dips down below, then climbs up above the temp that it is set at to create an average of the setting.
According to Excalibur, this fluctuation can be as much as 10 degrees in both directions, so I always set the dehydrator at 105 to ensure it stays below the enzyme rich threshold.
Also, dehydration times can be quite different for many reasons: Moisture content of the food, humidity of the surrounding air, temperature of the area, the amount of food being dehydrated, elevation, thickness of food, etc.
So just check it occasionally and when it is done to your preference, it's done! The good news is it is such a gentle way of processing/preserving food. It is very forgiving, so no need to worry!
Optional: You can add other seasonings to change the flavor of your mixture (sweet, spicy or savory), but it is so good just as it is. It is a perfect!
Juicinjackie's ThoughtsBy juicinjackie
This recipe is heavenly.
It creates healthy, hearty, delicious bread, wraps or crackers.
It is very high in fiber and uses that precious nut milk pulp that you don't want to waste!
Give it a try, it's quick and easy!
Please leave your comments, I want to know how yours turns out!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
How can I prevent neighbor's cat from killing birds in our yard?ClaireT - 3 hours 35 min ago
Homemade baby foodsjennyb4017 - 1 day 18 hours ago
Best Juicer?mikej - 2 days 10 hours ago
Raw & Abusefurfurlights - 3 days 17 hours ago
I need to lose stomach fat.TammiTrue - 4 days 4 hours ago