Rating4/5 (from 9 ratings)4
1 cup Brazil nuts
1 capsule probiotic power dophillusor a few tablespoons of rejuvalac
2 tablespoons unpasterized mugi miso
1. Soak Brazil Nuts and contents of capsule with just enough water to cover nuts. Soak for a few hours (over night would be good).
2. Blend nuts and water in blender.(use the soak water – it has the probiotic in it!).
3. You can add more water if you feel you need to – to help get it creamy.
4. Put in container without the top and put in dehydrator (or any warm place – sunny place on top of an applicance that gets warm but not too warm like your frig – or if you have an oven that goes to a very low temp) not over 105 degrees (to keep it technically still ‘raw’). Also, if you are going to leave it in a place that is “out” – like not in a dehydrator or oven – I recommend putting a top or cloth on top of the of container to keep it clean (in case, a teeny bugs or whatever might be around) but don’t seal the lid just put in on loosely
5. After a day, put in about two tablespoons of unpasteurized mugi miso ( I bought Edens brand) and mix it.
6. Mix your “cheez” everyday while keeping it a low temp. The mixture will start to get drier and tangier (fermenting) -you can taste test of course. Add water as needed if it gets too dry.
7. Once you are satisfied with the taste and texture, you can put it in the frig. It will probably take 3 or 4 days to get a nice taste (this is individual preference though).
8. Use it for a dip or to spread on crackers, breads, mix in with other ingredients.
You can do this with other kind of nuts too. You do not have to use Brazil nuts. The Brazil Nut “cheez” will have a more buttery type of taste. Other nuts will yield other types of tastes. Pine nuts, macadamia, almonds, cashews(I prefer cashews to make sour cream – I feel it is the best nut for this), walnuts, etc. Some seeds will work too.
As not to waste nuts I suggest you start with a 1 cup batch when first making this – (in case, you don’t like it):
(but if you decide to double the recipe, you don’t have to double the Probiotic – still put in one capsule contents)
I will add one more point about my recipe: Using the dehydrator or oven will go faster. Leaving it ‘out’ will take a little longer depending on the room temp. Both methods are fine to use.
Queenfluff's ThoughtsBy queenfluff
This is something that takes some time and practice to make but it turns out quite yummy and tangy, IMHO, once you get it done right.
This recipe is for home use only. My bf and I sell this for our raw food home business so this is not for commercial sale use! Please respect that! ;)
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note