Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
3 or 4 bananas
2 tablespoons cacao powder
3 tablespoons agave nectar or to taste
3 tablespoons kewra water or 1 1/2 tablespoons rose water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons coconut oil (cold-pressed)
1 cup pistachios or other nuts
1 .In a bowl, mix the cacao powder, agave nectar, coconut oil, kewra water, and vanilla extract.
2. If the mixture is very thick, add 1 teaspoon of water.
3. With a mortar/pestle or spice mill, grind pistachios until they are in small pieces.
4. Coat the bananas with the chocolate mixture and then roll in the pistachios.
5. Put coated/rolled bananas on a plate lined with wax paper, and cover with another layer of wax paper.
6. Place in freezer overnight. Done! Woohoo!
RishiFromRoshis's ThoughtsBy rishiFromRoshis
Ask your average South Asian what their favorite frozen dessert is, and the answer invariably comes back as kulfi.
Kulfi is a dessert that's been made in India for hundreds of years and comes in a variety of flavors from cardamom to pistachio to mango.
I have wonderful memories of my grandma bringing fresh batches out of the freezer for all us grandchildren to enjoy, and it's been a favorite of mine ever since.
Traditionally, it's made by boiling down milk until it gets very thick, and then adding whatever type of flavoring you’d like.
For my version, I chose an old American classic (chocolate) and mixed it with a traditional essence of the East, kewra. Along with the frozen banana as a base, it's one flavorful dessert.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note