1 spaghetti squash
3 tablespoons parsley (chopped finely)
1 tablespoon lemon peel (finely grated)
1 tablespoon capers (chopped)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
4 green onions (chopped)
3 cloves of garlic (minced or pressed)
1 jalapeno chili (diced finely)
2 cups spinach (rinsed)
2 tablespoons fresh basil (chiffonade)
1 teaspoon sea salt
6 sun-dried tomatoes (soaked)
1 sliced porcini mushroom (optional; soaked if dried)
1 tablespoon oil
1. Cut spaghetti squash in half and de-seed, then scrape the strands out using a spoon (it will be like scraping a pumpkin). Lay the squash in warm salted water for two hours (cover with water and add about a teaspoon of salt). Rub with your fingers as it soaks and it will come apart looking more and more like an angel hair.
2. Prepare gremolata by combining parsley, lemon peel, capers, olive oil, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside. This does not get dehydrated, just marinates.
3. Prepare the other ingredients.
4. Set the spaghetti squash, after lightly draining, on a mesh screen above the other ingredients in dehydrator. Place the spinach, garlic, green onion, and basil on a Teflex sheet. You want it wilted, not dried.
5. Dehydrate on 95-105 Fahrenheit for about 2 hours.
6. Squash will be starting to dry and getting softened. Remove and soak in warm water till warmed.
7. Add half of the following ingredients to a blender or magic bullet: spinach, onion, garlic, sun-dried tomato, porcini mushroom, and basil. Blend completely and add salt to taste.
8. Remove squash from water and massage with about a tablespoon of your oil of choice. I like to use coconut oil.
9. Mix remaining veggies with squash, plate mixture, and place pesto on top. Cover with gremolata and add your choice of “Parmesan” cheese.
Harmonylia's ThoughtsBy harmonylia
Sweet, tangy, and spicy.
Definitely filling and a sensory meal.
Takes a little prep time, so start prepping and dehydrating about 4 hours in advance, but worth it.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note