Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
YieldMade about 10 tostadas
1 cup almonds (soaked)
½ cup pumpkin seeds (soaked)
¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes (soaked)
¼ cup water
¼ teaspoon cayenne
½ teaspoon salt
2 cup spinach (chopped)
1/8 cup cilantro (chopped)
1 teaspoon lime juice
½ teaspoon jalapeno (chopped)
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon salt
Almond pulp flour and/or ground flax seed
PICO DE GALLO
Refried beans (see this site for recipes)
1. For the shells: In a food processor blend nuts and seeds, then add sun-dried tomatoes, water, cayenne, and celtic salt and blend. Roll out dough on wax paper or Teflex into a 1/4 inch sheet and use a circular cookie cutter 4” in diameter (I used a mason jar lid) to cut out tostada shells. I found my dough really sticky so I used almond pulp flour and ground flax seeds to coat the wax paper and roller. You may actually have to add a bit of the mixture to your dough if it’s too wet.
2. Place the shells on the dehydrator for 145 degrees for 1-2 hours.
3. For the spinach topping: Blend the avocados, spinach, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, cumin, and celtic salt and put in the fridge until the shells are done.
4. For my tostadas I also made the refried beans (I Am Kind) from the I Am Grateful Cookbook and bought fresh pico de gallo from Whole Foods. There are quite a few refried Beans recipes (and a pico de gallo recipe) on this site but if you want I can put up the Cafe Gratitude one, it’s really good.
5. The tostada goes like this: tostada, smear with refried beans, then spinach topping, shredded lettuce and pico de gallo.
6. If you don’t feel like making all the stuff, you can just make the tostadas and then buy fresh guacamole and pico de gallo and lettuce and do it that way.
Abbeycamp's ThoughtsBy Abbeycamp
I went looking for raw tostadas here the other day and found no one had posted them yet.
This recipe is so good and healthy. You’re going to love it!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note