Yield9 1/2 inch springform cake pan
2 cups almonds (unsoaked)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons agave nectar
Zest from 2-3 oranges
2 cups cashews (soaked) and 1 cup cashews (unsoaked)
1 1/2 cups homemade almond milk
1 1/2 cups mangoes (chopped)
1/2 cup agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons lecithin
3/4 cup coconut butter
MANGO GLAZE TOP
2-3 stems Irish moss
1/4 cup water
1 mango (chopped)
1 tablespoon coconut butter
1. Place all the ingredients in the food processor, except the orange zest, and process until fine crumbs but not too wet. Then add in the zest and pulse.
2. In the pan, place parchment paper at the bottom of the springform pan and lock the sides. Oil the bottom with some coconut butter or oil for easy removal once the cake is ready to cut.
3. Press the crust down at the bottom and then refrigerate while making the filling.
4. Place all ingredients in the blender, except the lecithin and coconut butter, and blend well until smooth. Then add the lecithin and coconut butter, and blend until smooth.
5. Take the pan out of the refrigerator and pour in the filling. Even the top out with a spatula and slightly press down to get rid of air bubbles.
6. Return to refrigerator and let it set for 1 hour.
MANGO GLAZE TOP
7. Blend Irish moss with water until it is of gelatinous consistency and smooth. Then add the mangoes and blend until smooth. Add the coconut butter last and blend until very smooth.
8. Take out the setting cheesecake from the fridge and pour the glaze on top of the cheesecake. Leave overnight.
Cheflandria's ThoughtsBy Cheflandria
This dessert is dear to my heart because I created it from my love for tropical fruits.
I love mangoes and wouldn’t mind having a cheesecake full of mango flavors.
I had a nice trick for the crust that brought out the citrus aroma of the cheesecake.
If you have a melon baller, make some balls to garnish before serving to guests. Do not garnish until service because the fruits tend to discolor. Save the balls or cut up mangoes or even more orange zest for topping.
I like mine simple with the mango balls at the edges, but you can go crazy! Have fun with decorating in any form.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Grey Hairpitbull201217 - 13 hours 5 min ago
Why not the entire Wheat Grass?valeriea - 17 hours 16 min ago
Feeling coldraquelv - 1 day 2 hours ago
Help a fellow rawfoodarian in Italy with getting some piece of equipmentClaireT - 1 day 18 hours ago
I am going crazy: insomnia and low fat diet?laura - 2 days 1 hour ago