Rating4/5 (from 4 ratings)4
2½ cups walnuts
1¼ cups pecans (soaked, dehydrated)
1 cup coconut (dried, shredded)
2 teaspoons cacao powder
2 teaspoons Phenomenol 7 powder (optional)
1/3 cup honey
1¼ cups goji berries (dried)
¾ cup melted coconut butter
Bit of water
1. Soak the walnuts and pecans about 4 hours, drain, rinse, and then draw off excess moisture with a towel.
2. Dry in dehydrator at 105 Fahrenheit for about 2 hours (give or take) until dry.
3. In a food processor, combine walnuts, dates, cacao, and Phenomenol powder and blend while adding little bits of water and scraping sides until you have a consistency of cookie dough.
4. Transfer food processed mixture to a big bowl.
5. Next, roughly chop the pecans in food processor by pulsing until you have little chunks (these are key to the cookie for crunch!). Add to bowl.
6. Knead pecans pieces, coconut shreds, goji berries, and honey (you can use agave but we haven’t tried it that way) into dough.
7. Heat up a pot of water on medium heat and hold a glass measuring cup or glass jar with coconut butter in the hot water. Stir the coconut butter constantly and monitor the temperature with a thermometer till there are no more chunks and the butter looks like a thick icing.
8. Add the melted butter to the bowl of dough.
9. Knead in until everything is saturated with the butter (several minutes--this will keep the shape of the cookies after cooled).
10. Form cookies. Put cookies between sheets of wax paper and refrigerate till firm (maybe 2 hours?).
Sid23's ThoughtsBy sid23
Amazing! That’s a brief description of my boyfriend’s cookies.
These are in the top 3 cookies I have had in my entire life (SAD included) and have all kinds of fabulous, nutritious ingredients too! No lard, flour, or Crisco in these bad-boys!
The goji berries have a texture like little bits of toffee! They are chewy and crunchy at the same time.
Just try them. You will be rocked. Eat and have your mind blown.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Alkaline water - healthy or not?JonWalter - 21 hours 31 min ago
Staying raw during quarantineClaireT - 2 days 12 hours ago
Body craving warm foods to stay warmkatherinep - 4 days 2 hours ago
I have been buying organic oats from a prominent supplier. They will not sprout.ClaireT - 1 week 3 days ago
Should I sprout all my seeds and nuts?ClaireT - 1 week 3 days ago