Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
YieldMake 10 large bliss balls (individual serving included)
5½ ounces cacao nibs (a little more than 1 cup)
4½ ounces goji berries (a little more than 1 cup)
5 ounces hemp seed (about 1 cup)
3/4 cup + 4 teaspoons Artisana Coconut Butter
Dash of sea salt
2 tablespoons agave nectar (or to taste)
HAND METHOD (SERVES 10)
4 ounces cacao nibs (a little more than 3/4 cup)
4 ounces goji berries (approx. 1 cup)
4 ounces hemp seed (a little more than 3/4 cup)
3/4 cup + 3 tablespoons Artisana Coconut Butter
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons agave (or to taste)
1 tablespoon + 3/4 teaspoon water
1 vanilla bean (seeds only)
Dash of sea salt
1. Slice open the vanilla bean and remove the seeds. For extra vanilla flavor, cut the skin in half lengthwise, julienne the skin, and then mince.
2. Add all ingredients to a food processor, except the cacao nibs and hemp seed. When adding the vanilla bean seeds and skin, distribute evenly.
3. Process until the goji berries are completely broken down into small pieces, with all pieces uniform in size. This will take 30 seconds or more (maybe about 40 seconds for the larger serving).
4. Add the cacao nibs and hemp seeds and process an additional 20 seconds or more (maybe about 40 seconds for the larger serving). The nibs will be reduced in size by about half, and quite a few of the hemp seeds will still be visible. You don’t want the nibs and the hemp to be completely blended into the mixture, for this makes for a more interesting texture, and it will keep the flavors of the cacao and the hemp somewhat distinct, as well as making for a firmer bliss ball that will stay firm at room temperature.
5. Form into balls. Since the mixture was not completely blended, you will need to press firmly to get the mixture to stick together. Eat right away, or refrigerate to store.
HAND METHOD (SERVES 10)
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, except the water.
2. Start adding water and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon. Generally, when the mixture feels pretty sticky and the Artisana Coconut Butter has turned completely a lovely shade of light brown from mixing with the agave nectar, the mixture is ready to form into balls. You don’t want to add too much water, or you’ll ending up with soggy bliss balls!
3. Form into balls, and enjoy as is, or refrigerate to store. If you refrigerate, let the bliss balls come to room temperature before eating, since refrigerated whole goji berries are pretty hard.
Achin70's ThoughtsBy achin70
These are superfood bliss balls that will keep you going for hours!
I’ve included versions made with and without a food processor, and servings for 10 or for 1.
The food processor version is more chocolatey and the flavors more blended, and the version made without the food processor has more distinct flavors, with the coconut and agave flavors coming through a little more. It’s also more interesting to look at.
Note: I don’t know if regular coconut oil will work as well. If you use regular coconut oil, instead of Artisana Coconut Butter, you might need to use more sweetener, since Artisana’s coconut butter is sweet.
Food processor version (individual serving)
1) 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
2) 2 tablespoons goji berries
3) A little less than 2 tablespoons hemp seed
4) 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Artisana Coconut Butter
5) 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar (or to taste)
6) Half a vanilla bean (seeds only; optional)
7) Sprinkle of sea salt (optional)
Hand method (individual serving)
1) 1 1/2 tablespoons cacao nibs
2) A little less than 2 tablespoons goji berries
3) 1 1/2 tablespoons hemp seed
4) 1 1/2 tablespoons Artisana Coconut Butter
5) 1/2 teaspoon agave (or to taste)
6) A little less than 1/2 teaspoon water
7) Half a vanilla bean (seeds only; optional)
8) Sprinkle of sea salt (optional)
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Skin Care Productsgeorge43 - 2 hours 49 min ago
Juice or smoothie to start the morning?rawtarian_jack - 7 hours 56 min ago
Maple SyrupClaireT - 12 hours 7 min ago
The Fruits Of Burma, Mango, Papaya From Fruits BDFruits BD - 20 hours 22 min ago
Capital TeasAnchorBeverages - 1 day 23 hours ago