Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
1 cup macadamia nuts
1 cup cashew nuts
1/2 cup coconut (shredded or flaked)
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
3/4 cup Medjool dates (pitted)
1 cup almonds (soaked 8 hours, well rinsed)
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons water (as needed)
1/4 cup Medjool dates (pitted)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or throw in a vanilla bean)
2/3 cup raw cacao powder
1/3 cup agave nectar
1/3 cup coconut oil
1. In a food processor, blend the nuts and cacao powder until the mixture is well ground.
2. Add coconut and pulse a couple of times to mix it in. Add dates and blend until a dough is formed.
3. After soaking the almonds, the skin will come off quite easily. Removing the skin will result in a smoother cream.
4. Blend all the ingredients together and place in the fridge or freezer to firm up for 1-2 hours.
5. Sift the cacao powder through a sieve into a bowl.
6. Add remaining ingredients and blend with a small whisk until smooth.
7. In a square or rectangular pan, press the base mixture along the pan to form the bottom of the square. Then spoon in the cream and spread it evenly.
8. Top with a thin layer of chocolate sauce. Have sauce in a shallow pan of warm water or in a dehydrator to keep the chocolate melted and pourable.
Cupcakes revenge's ThoughtsBy cupcakes revenge
I love Nanaimo bars! Here's a recipe for a raw version.
Keep them in the fridge or freeze them for a longer life.
Enjoy them frozen for an ice creamy treat.
Note: In the photos here, I rolled out the base mixture and used a champagne glass to cut out the circles.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Bullet Blendergrgrayson - 9 hours 47 min ago
Choosing the right blender (HELP)grgrayson - 9 hours 50 min ago
Daily Green Juice Drinkdanielr - 19 hours 1 min ago
Alkaline water - healthy or not?JonWalter - 1 day 20 hours ago
Staying raw during quarantineClaireT - 3 days 10 hours ago