Rating4.4/5 (from 10 ratings)4.4
¾ cup cashews (soaked 2 hours)
1 squeeze of lemon juice
¼ tablespoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
Pinch of sea salt
½ tablespoon onion (chopped)
1 small handful of parsley and/or coriander
1 long and thick zucchini
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Dash of sea salt
FOR THE MUSHROOMS
Portabella mushroom caps
1 big tomato (sliced)
Small handful of spinach
1. To make the cashew cheez, process the soaked cashews, lemon juice, lemon zest, nutritional yeast, sea salt, onion, and herbs. The measurements are just approximate, so taste as you go, it should taste yummy like ravioli cheese. It should have a ricotta-cheese texture, so add more lemon juice or water if needed.
2. Next, peel and slice the zucchini into thin, wide strips with a peeler or mandolin. Coat the zucchini strips with the olive oil and salt so they are coated but not dripping. Set aside, and reserve any extra olive oil and salt mix you have left for the mushrooms.
3. Slice the mushrooms into thin, wide, and long slices. Coat the thinly sliced portabella caps in the olive oil and nama shoyu mixture again so they are coated but not dripping.
4. Coat the baby spinach very lightly in any of the leftover marinade from the mushrooms.
5. Arrange the layers like so: zucchini (slightly overlapping), cheez, tomato slices, mushrooms, spinach, and repeat. Do this so its as tall as you like, and coat the top layer of zucchini with some more cheez and tomato.
6. Dehydrate at 130 Fahrenheit for an hour (this will not destroy enzymes because of the moisture content of the food at this stage), and then at 110-115 Fahrenheit for another half hour to an hour or so.
Elizabethh's ThoughtsBy elizabethh
I have tried a lot of different raw lasagnas, but none of them really did it for me. I guess because I was a real cooked lasagna fan, and the raw kind didn’t satisfy my craving.
I think, with this recipe, I may have cracked the raw lasagna code, and I can honestly say I like this version better than the cooked one.
Don’t be intimidated by the procedure or anything, it is really easy.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
buckwheat sprout toxicity?martinj - 13 hours 23 min ago
Any low fat recipes? Awful lot of nuts in almost everythingJADAMZ - 1 day 17 hours ago
Shower Filterlizh7 - 3 days 18 hours ago
Eye CareSarah_the_Bee - 1 week 4 hours ago
Alternative to nutritional yeastClaireT - 1 week 1 day ago