YieldMakes 1 serving.
¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes (soaked)
1 cup tomatoes (chopped)
2 tablespoons red onion
¼ cup fresh basil
2 cloves garlic
¼ cup red pepper
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
¼ cup cashews
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 stalk celery
¼ cup carrots (sliced)
1 portabella mushroom
Nama or Braggs (to cover 1/4 inch of pan)
¼ cup baby spinach
Salt and pepper to taste
1 medium zucchini (sliced thin)
1. Marinara Sauce (Eureka! I’ve finally found my sauce): Blend sundried tomatoes, onions, date, tomatoes, basil, garlic, red pepper, and Italian seasoning until smooth.
2. Cashew cheese: Blend cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and celery stalk until smooth. You may need a little bit of water to move it in the blender.
3. Marinate mushrooms and carrots until limp in Nama or Braggs. About 45 minutes. Squeeze out excess marinade with a paper towel.
4. Assembly: On a Teflex sheet begin by putting 1/3 of the sauce. Layer 3 slices of zucchini overlapping, mushroom/carrot, spinach leaves, 1/3 sauce, and cheese. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
5. Dehydrate for 5 hours at 105 degrees. As it dehydrates you may need to dab away some of the juices so your dehydrator doesn’t get messy. If you don’t have a dehydrator. let it sit in your fridge over night and enjoy the next day.
Om...'s ThoughtsBy om...
I am the only raw enthusiast in my family, so I often make dinners for just me.
I’ve been burned by making a huge recipe and having it not turn out well. I really don’t like wasting food.
I’ve learned to scale back my dishes so that I’m not disappointed.
I am disappointed I didn’t make more of this recipe!!!!
It was the best raw dish I have ever made. I’ll probably triple the recipe next time. I could seriously eat this for a few days. Happy eating!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.