Rating4.2/5 (from 5 ratings)4.2
YieldMakes 6 servings
1 cup Hijiki seaweed
2 packs of kelp noodles
1 teaspoon olive oil or grapeseed oil
3 tablespoons sesame oil
3 garlic cloves (minced)
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
3 tablespoons nama soyu
2 tablespoons black and white sesame seeds
Kale leaves (small pieces)
1 medium zucchini (julienned)
4 stems of scallions (sliced diagonally)
½ red or yellow bell pepper
PART 1: SOAK
1. Soak Hijiki for about 2 hours until plump.
2. Soak kelp noodles in warm water from the faucet (not boiling water) for 15 minutes then drain. Re-fill with warm water and soak for another 15 minutes. Do this 3 times. Kelp noodles will start to soften up. You can also use the dehydrator to soften the kelp noodles even more.
PART 2: MARINADE
3. Mix ingredients well and set aside.
PART 3: ASSEMBLY
4. Place all vegetables in a big bowl. Mix in the marinade and massage the vegetables for 5 minutes. This will incorporate the marinate into the vegetables and soften the kale.
5. Drain Hijiki and kelp noodles very well. Add Hijiki and kelp into the vegetable mixture. Massage for about 5 minutes until marinade is incorporated with the noodles.
6. Let Korean chap chae set for 30 minutes or dehydrate until chap che softens.
Cheflandria's ThoughtsBy Cheflandria
I grew up eating every Asian dish. I have Korean and Vietnamese blood in me. Both cultures offer so much variety of beautiful and cleansing food.
One of my favorite Korean food that goes really well with kimchi is Korean Chap Che.
Chap Che is a clear noodle dish usually made with starchy mung bean noodles. I replaced the noodles with kelp with is extremely low in calorie and provides iodine mineral.
My husband learned to make kraut and now makes kimchi every week. It’s delicious.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Enjoy with home made kimchi!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
how to blend raw fruit puree?TammiTrue - 13 hours 32 min ago
HIGH calorie raw foods. PLEASETammiTrue - 13 hours 32 min ago
Dried fruithamidf - 17 hours 2 min ago
which is the best kitchen blender ?ClaireT - 5 days 7 hours ago
How do you afford all of those nuts?allmyteetharesweet - 6 days 17 hours ago