Rating4/5 (from 4 ratings)4
Yield4 medium-large pieces or 6 small pieces if an 6-inch springform is used
You will need half of the ingredients of Nutty-Fruity Chewy Snack Balls recipe for a 6-inch springform pie.
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 mini papaya (peeled, seeded lengthwise thin cut)
¼ cup dried unsweetened coconut (shredded)
½ cup medium pineapple (cored, peeled)
1 tablespoon raw honey or raw agave syrup
2 tablespoons agar
1/3 cup water
2 small fresh strawberries
1 large kiwi fruit (ripe)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup shredded coconut (optional)
1. Prepare the crust mixture, according to the instructions of Nutty-Fruity Chewy Snack Balls recipe using half of the ingredients.
2. Line a 6-inch springform pan with baking paper to avoid the crust from sticking to the bottom and press crust mixture into it. The crust will be nearly 1/4-inch thick.
3. Dust the crust mixture with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. I place it in the freezer for at least 45 minutes.
4. Place coconut, pineapple, and raw honey or agave syrup in a blender. Blend until smooth.
5. Heat agar with 1/3 cup of water in a small pan over low heat. Keep stirring mixture frequently until it becomes bubbly and gelatinous. It will take about 3- 4 minutes.
6. Immediately add agar mixture to the pineapple mixture in the blender. Blend for about 20 seconds.
7. Remove crust from the fridge or freezer. Layer papaya pieces over the crust and then pour pineapple mixture over the papaya.
8. Place pie in the fridge or freezer and allow it to cool for about 15 minutes. Allow it to set.
9. Peel kiwifruit, cut in half lengthwise, and slice. Place slices with flat side adjacent to crust in a scallop fashion.
10. Cut strawberries in half lengthwise. Place the four strawberry pieces on the center of the pie forming a cross.
11. Dust with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and shredded coconut (coconut is optional). Chill for at least one hour or 30 minutes in the freezer before consumption.
Jirizarry's ThoughtsBy jirizarry
This is my own version of a non-bake pie inspired by the non-bake pie recipe’s of The American Vegetarian Cookbook by Marilyn Diamond.
The technique for this kind of pie is from the author of this book.
Although made of fruit, seeds, nuts, and dried fruit, it is a light food to be eaten. It could be eaten at breakfast, lunch, dinner, or as a dessert.
It could be eaten along or as a dessert after a light salad.
It could be a side dish to a fruit salad too.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Live-in Helper/Roommate Exchange:brigittel - 16 hours 51 min ago
Do you exercise every day?bradlyl - 1 day 7 hours ago
Very strict & no weight loss/very discouragedalicam - 4 days 1 hour ago
Superfoodsstefanoc - 5 days 5 hours ago
Do you do Enemas in your family?equit - 1 week 1 day ago