Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
2 cups soaked nuts (almonds work well)
1 cup dates (or less)
2 tablespoons agave or honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of cayenne
Dash of sea salt (optional)
Handful of nut meal or shredded coconut
4 cups rhubarb stalks (peeled, chopped to 1" inch lengths)
¼ cup agave or honey
2 cups strawberries (chopped)
¼ cup psyllium husk powder or other thickener
Few strawberries (for garnish)
1. Process soaked nuts, dates, agave or honey, and spices in food processor until desired crust consistency is reached (a rough meal that sticks together easily when pressed).
2. Sprinkle nut meal or shredded coconut into pie pan to keep crust from sticking. Press crust into pan.
3. Peel and chop rhubarb—can be used fresh or frozen-- and blend in food processor until almost a slush (a few bigger bits can be nice).
4. Add 1/4 cup agave or honey and mix.
5. Chop about 2 cups of strawberries (if using fresh; if using frozen, let thaw and blend just enough to get medium-small pieces).
6. Add chopped strawberries to rhubarb goop by hand, and stir in psyllium husk powder (or other thickener). I had to use more thickener because I used frozen fruit (juicier).
7. If you’re going to eat it right away, add more sweetener to taste; otherwise, give it a night to sweeten on its own before you add more honey/agave.
Sunshinerose's ThoughtsBy sunshinerose
After searching high and low for good raw strawberry-rhubarb pie recipe, I finally had to create my own!
The results were lovely.
The pinch of cayenne in the crust adds a really nice depth.
Note: This pie will taste quite tart at first, but I found that by sitting/chilling overnight, the flavors combined and, by morning, the rhubarb had sweetened up a lot.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
How do you know how much to eat daily?theartluva - 1 hour 20 min ago
Less hungry on raw diet?TammiTrue - 3 days 14 hours ago
Olive oil and honey face maskVanja - 4 days 3 hours ago
How do you know how much to eat daily?mandyi - 4 days 12 hours ago
Lara Bars!lian4 - 5 days 15 hours ago