Rating4.4/5 (from 5 ratings)4.4
2 cups almonds or pecans
1/2 to 1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or half a vanilla bean
4 to 5 Medjool dates (pitted)
Pinch of sea salt
2 cups cashews (soaked 1-2 hours)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 to 1/2 cup agave (depending on how sweet you want it)
3/4 cup fresh strawberries
3/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean (I prefer the bean)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 to 2 cups strawberries (sliced)
1. Place almonds or pecans in food processor and process with the S blade until crumbled.
2. Add coconut oil, sea salt, and vanilla and pulse a couple of times.
3. Add the dates last, one at a time, and pulse until the crust holds together when you squeeze it between your fingertips. If the crust does not hold, add more dates (again one at a time).
4. Press into oiled (with coconut oil) tart or pie pan. Chill in freezer for 30 minutes before adding filling.
5. Blend all ingredients well in a Vitamix blender if you have one.
6. Pour part of the filling into the pie crust (just enough to cover the bottom).
7. Take some of the strawberries you cut up for the topping and scatter them on top of the filling.
8. Pour the rest of the filling on top and place in freezer for 1-2 hours until firm.
9. Decorate with the rest of your cut up strawberries.
Phytofoods's ThoughtsBy Phytofoods
Organic strawberries are starting to pour in from California. I picked up a couple of pounds the other day and made this pie.
I adapted a recipe of Matthew Kenney's from his book Everyday Raw. He is one of the original owners of Pure Food and Wine in New York.
FYI: I tested this out on 5 different children, and they all loved it! My son Isaac does not like crust, as he informs me every time I make a raw pie, so I pour some into a little bowl for him to eat like a pudding.
This pie needs to stay refrigerated to keep its firmness so make sure you keep in cold up until serving!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
buckwheat sprout toxicity?martinj - 1 day 17 hours ago
Any low fat recipes? Awful lot of nuts in almost everythingJADAMZ - 2 days 21 hours ago
Shower Filterlizh7 - 4 days 22 hours ago
Eye CareSarah_the_Bee - 1 week 1 day ago
Alternative to nutritional yeastClaireT - 1 week 3 days ago