1 vanilla bean (skip this step if using vanilla extract)
1/2 cup dates (i use Deglet)
3 tablespoons cacao powder
2 medicinal mushrooms (I use shiitake)
1 to 2 tablespoons raw honey
1 to 2 tablespoons maca powder
1 to 2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 to 2 tablespoons raw coconut butter/oil
1 ounce goji berries
1. Cut and scrap the insides of one vanilla bean. Put contents into normal sized glass bowl. Save skin for step one(optional).
2. Put coconut butter jar into hot water or food dehydrator right before starting step 1. I find hot water easier as my tap is about 105-110 F.
3. Put 1/2 cup dates into food processor with skin of vanilla bean(optional) and 3 tablespoons cacao powder. Process until dates are fairly chopped up but powder is still not entirely incorporated. If you process too long, the powder will incorporate with the dates and make it into a brownie that won't process well when you add the mushrooms. If you do not want to add the mushrooms, then process until brownie consistency or mixture rolls into ball.
4. Chop up 2 mushrooms with hands and throw them into food processor. Process until food processor will not process. The mushrooms make the mixture very airy and will make it so the blades wont chop the mixture. If you add the mushrooms too early, some dates will not be fully processed but it will still be delicious.
5. Put 1 to 2 tablespoons honey into glass bowl with vanilla seeds. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons maca powder, 1 to 2 tablespoons chia seeds, and 1 to 2 tablespoons coconut butter. Mix well.
6. Add food processed ingredients into glass bowl. Mix.
7. Add about 1 ounce goji berries into glass bowl and mix well.
8. Once thoroughly mixed, press mixture down into glass bowl, put cover on bowl, and store in fridge for 30 minutes if you can wait that long.
Keewi's ThoughtsBy keewi
Super tasty, super chewy, and super food.
I have been eating these lately and they are the bomb. It tastes like a really good brownie and can be made very fast.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note