Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
1 cup nuts/seeds (I use almond/pumpkin seed; soaked and dried, if possible)
½ cup dates or raisins
1 cup coconut (shredded)
¼ cup raw cacao powder
2 tablespoons raw agave or honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
1 cup coconut oil (room temp)
1 avocado (large, soft, ripe)
½ cup raw cacao powder
¼ cup raw agave or honey
1½ tablespoons stevia powder or other powdered sweetener
1 teaspoon vanilla
TOPPING & UNDER-CRUST
½ cup cacao nibs (roughly ground)
1. Blend the dates and nuts in the food processor until well-ground. Add the rest of the crust ingredients and process until it sticks together well. You may have to mix by hand.
2. Sprinkle some cacao nibs into the bottom of your pie pan and press crust into the pan.
3. Process the coconut oil until smooth (“whipped”).
4. Cut the avocado into small pieces (or mush up in the half-skin) and add to the mix. Process until very smooth.
5. Add the remaining ingredients all at once and then process until just smooth. The risk is that the avocado oil will start to separate if processed too long, which isn’t the end of the world, but gives a very different texture to the finished product.
6. Spoon mixture into crust and chill until firm.
Sunshinerose's ThoughtsBy sunshinerose
I’ve been too busy eating this pie to write down the recipe, but I figured it would just be too mean to withhold any longer.
I eat it for breakfast; oh my goodness! The nibs give the crust a really great texture.
Good with raspberries on top.
If you see white-ish oil start to separate out during the mixing process, stop and finish mixing by hand, unless you want to experiment with a different texture! If it happens and you didn’t mean for it to, add more coco powder and stevia, and then sprinkle coco powder on top of pie before chilling, to help soak up extra oil.
I’m salivating just writing this recipe—I think I need to go make it right now!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
how to blend raw fruit puree?ClaireT - 14 hours 20 min ago
HIGH calorie raw foods. PLEASETammiTrue - 1 day 11 hours ago
Dried fruithamidf - 1 day 15 hours ago
which is the best kitchen blender ?ClaireT - 6 days 5 hours ago
How do you afford all of those nuts?allmyteetharesweet - 1 week 15 hours ago