2 cups almonds
3 stalks raw celery (diced)
3 green onions (thinly sliced)
1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon sea salt (finely ground)
2 dashes of cayenne pepper
1/3 cup nori or wakame seaweed (soaked, chopped)
1 cup pine nuts
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
4 dates (pitted)
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon each dill, thyme, and basil (optional)
1 large avocado
Mesclun greens or sprouts
Raw black olives
1. Place almonds, parsley, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 clove garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, cayenne pepper and seaweed in a food processor. Process the hell out of it. You can make it chunkier if you want, but chop the garlic first--you don’t want to bite into that!
2. Stir in celery and green onions. Set aside.
3. Place pine nuts, avocado, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, dates, 1 clove garlic, and spices in the food processor. Blend it like you never blended before. It becomes really smooth and creamy.
4. Mix 1/2 of the mayonnaise with the almond mixture. You can add more if it’s too dry.
5. Take a big collard leaf and spread some of the mayonnaise in the center. Add as much of the "tuna" as you like.
6. Top with sliced avocado, sliced tomato, mesclun greens or sprouts, raw black olives, and freshly cracked pepper. You can sprinkle a little salt on the collard if the mixture isn’t salty enough also.
7. Roll it up, cut it in half, and try not to stuff it all into your face at once!
Jamestheraw's ThoughtsBy jamestheraw
This is so good if you’re one of those who can’t seem to eat enough.
I make enough of this to have sandwiches for several days because I can’t seem to get tired of eating it!
Wrapping it in collards seems to make it easier to eat (much bigger than romaine and with much less water). You can make giant sandwiches with it!
For an extra delicious tuna salad: I marinated some sun-dried tomatoes for a day in olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and Italian spices, chopped them, and added about 1/4 cup when I mixed my mayonnaise with the tuna. It rocked.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
How can I prevent neighbor's cat from killing birds in our yard?ClaireT - 19 hours 17 min ago
Homemade baby foodsjennyb4017 - 2 days 10 hours ago
Best Juicer?mikej - 3 days 2 hours ago
Raw & Abusefurfurlights - 4 days 9 hours ago
I need to lose stomach fat.TammiTrue - 4 days 20 hours ago