Raw porridge recipe
Rating4.8/5 (from 4 ratings)4.75
- 1. Put chia seeds in bowl. Add water. Stir thoroughly RIGHT AWAY otherwise it'll clump up.
- 2. Add honey and coconut and mix more with your spoon. Chia seeds will absorb a lot of water really fast and thicken up.
- 3. Add anything else you want, like 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, a few almonds, 1/2 tablespoon sunflower seeds etc. Just for taste and to give it some excitement.
- 4. By now your raw chia porridge should be pretty thick.
- 5. For extra pleasure, top your raw porridge with cashew milk and fresh or thawed blueberries.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
Raw porridge is a perfect way to start your morning! It's great because it's super quick - think 4 minutes or less.
I like to keep both whole chia seeds and milled chia seeds on hand. I use milled chia seeds in this recipe, but in many of my raw chia puddings I use whole chia seed.
PS: You can use either whole chia seeds or milled chia seeds. Milled is best but whole will do. "Milled" just means ground. If you have a clean coffee grinder that you use for nut and seed grinding you can mill your own. But you can buy pre-milled chia seeds too. If you can only have one type on hand I'd go for whole chia seeds.
Enjoy your raw porridge for breakfast and let me know what you think!
- This recipe is very low in Sodium.
- This recipe is low in Calories, and Carbohydrates.
- This recipe is an excellent source of Dietary Fiber.
- This recipe is a good source of Protein, Calcium, and Iron.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Riboflavin.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Related To This Recipe
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes