Raw seaweed crunchies
Shelf Life5 days in fridge
Rating5/5 (from 9 ratings)5
- 1. Place all ingredients (except nori sheets) in food processor. Process until well combined.
- 2. You are making a large seaweed sandwich. In other words, spread mixture onto one sheet nori, similar to spreading thick peanut butter on a slice of bread.
- 3. Once well spread, place the second nori sheet on top of the spreaded mixture, similar to placing the final piece of bread on top of a sandwich.
- 4. Using clean kitchen scissors, gently cut the "sandwich" into four long strips.
- 5. Place strips directly into dehydrator to be dehydrated until crispy (approximately 8 hours). (Temperature - first hour on high [145 or so], lower to about 115 for the remaining time.) Once they are nearing completion, I like to cut them further into little squares, similar to the pictures shown.
- 6. After being dehydrated, they keep in the fridge quite nicely for up to 5 days.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
These little seaweed crispies pack a major flavor punch. They MUST be dehydrated otherwise they will taste gross and be soggy!
You really want to let these dehydrate for as long as possible. I've suggested at least 8 hours minimum, but feel free to go way longer - even up to 24 hours. They are best when they are really crispy and when the inner spread has really dried out.
One of the reasons these are so fun and handy is that they travel very well once dehydrated, and they are an easy snack to keep in your purse or eat on the go at your desk.
The flavor is quite explosive and rich, so I find just one little seaweed crunchy will satisfy a savory craving so one batch lasts me a long time.
Note: if you do not like the taste of seaweed you will not like these salty snacks :)
- This recipe is very low in Calories, and Carbohydrates.
- This recipe is low in Fat, and Sodium.
- This recipe is an excellent source of Vitamin B6.
- This recipe is a good source of Iron, and Vitamin B12.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Protein, and Riboflavin.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
My Recipe Notes
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes