Rating4.5/5 (from 4 ratings)4.5
YieldServes 2 as an entree
1 Cucumber, Diced
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, Diced
1 Avocado, Cubed
1 Scallion, Sliced Thin
1 cup Spinach, Sliced
2 cup Sprouted Quinoa
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon Spike Seasoning
- Soak Quinoa for 30 minutes, Rinse and Rinse again (it’s important to remove the saponins), Sprout for 12 hours, Rinse
- Dice Cucumber, Dice Yellow Bell Pepper, Thinly slice scallions, Chop Spinach, dice avocado
- Add chopped veggies to Quinoa in a big bowl and toss
- Add some olive oil and Spike Seasoning
- Enjoy with raw crackers, I used the Sun Dried Tomotao Cracker on this site (http://goneraw.com/recipes/34-Sun-Dried-Tomato-Cracker) I added extra sundried tomato and red bell pepper
Avocado_love's ThoughtsBy avocado_love
Quinoa is a great source of protein (12-18%), it contains a balanced set of essential amino acids, making it an unusually complete food. It is a good source of dietary fiber and phosphorus and is high in magnesium and iron.
This salad with the quinoa as a base can be made many ways. i have made this with an avocado a dressing as well.
I don’t tend to measure so quantities are approximate.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Figs-- vegan?ClaireT - 1 day 8 hours ago
FRUITARIAN!!!!greengreengreen - 2 days 1 hour ago
I need to lose stomach fat.greengreengreen - 2 days 1 hour ago
White lines on nailsedwards142 - 3 days 23 hours ago
Any low fat recipes? Awful lot of nuts in almost everythingClaireT - 4 days 5 hours ago