Rating2.5/5 (from 2 ratings)2.5
1 large onion (sliced)
1 red onion (sliced)
Handful of sunflower seeds (sprouted)
Handful of flax meal
Handful of almond meal
Dash of seasoning (tamari)
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
Optional: grapes, pecans, dried raisins, cherries, celery, pine nuts, chopped apple
1. Put chopped onion and pepper in a big bowl.
2. Add a handful of flax meal, almond meal, and sprouted sunflower seeds. Add a little water or olive oil. I only used half a red pepper, half a yellow pepper and half a chopped red pepper.
3. Add a shot of tamari or other spices and mix.
4. Place in dehydrator on Teflex for approximately 8-12 hours--overnight is good.
5. Flip and dehydrate for another 6-8 hours. This is where I can’t be exact because my boyfriend took it off. But it is still a little moist in parts and dry in others. Chopped celery could be added here too.
5. After it is done, put in a bowl and separate into large chunks. It should be like this already. When I was mixing mine, it wanted to go into little chunks so I just let it and that is the secret. It is really pretty too with the reds and yellows.
6. Add fresh grapes and apple, raisins, pecans, dried cherries, or pine nuts to dress it up a little.
Writeeternity's ThoughtsBy writeeternity
This is so good you won’t believe it! My boyfriend absolutely loved it!
I tried\wanted to make the onion bread recipe from this site but then realized I only had sprouted sunflower seeds.
I didn’t want it to be too wet so I substituted a little almond and flax meal.
Then I had to go help my mom with birthing puppies as her friend broke her foot.
So my boyfriend was left at home with the dehydrator. He ate some while I was gone and said it tasted just like stuffing.
This could be a dressing, stuffing for mushrooms, tomatoes or peppers, or a main entree.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note