Rating4/5 (from 11 ratings)4
2 cups wheat berries (sprouted 1 day)
½ cup dates
CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD
¼ cup raisins
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Process wheat and dates through juicer with a blank/solid plate. Mix well. A high powered food processor will work too if you don’t have a juicer.
2. For cinnamon raisin bread, add cinnamon and raisins and mix well.
3. For banana bread, process bananas with wheat and dates, then add vanilla and cinnamon.
4. Form into 2-3 loaves of bread. Place on Teflex or parchment paper in dehydrator at 105 Fahrenheit for 4-6 hours.
5. Turn bread over (removing Teflex or parchment) and dehydrate for 4-6 more hours, or until desired moisture is obtained.
Renoir's ThoughtsBy Renoir
This is the best bread I have ever eaten and it is so simple, it is ridiculous.
This will curb any cooked bread cravings. Trust me!
I made this yesterday, and came home for lunch today craving something cooked. I grabbed this out of the dehydrator and I just scarfed down a whole loaf of cinnamon raisin bread in less than 10 minutes.
Really good warmed in the dehydrator with whipped buttery spread. I already have another batch of wheat berries soaking to sprout.
This is based on Rose Lee Calabro’s book “Living in the Raw” but her wheat bread has only 2 ingredients. Other ingredients can be added for variety.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note