Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
YieldA plate to pass around
1 teaspoon of chia seeds (ground in my trusty Bamix mill and plonked in a bowl with enough fresh orange juice to cover and make a very thick sludge)
3 tablespoons walnuts (ground)
3 tablespoons Sultana raisins
Dessert spoon raw cacao powder
Orange zest or vanilla to taste (or whatever you fancy to spike your flavors!)
Cocoa nibs (ground or smashed roughly; for crunch and texture)
3 tablespoons soft-but-still-solid coconut oil
Little panela (evaporated cane juice)
Slug of maple syrup
2 dessert spoons cocoa
Pinch of salt
1. Incorporate the walnut/cocoa mix into the gooey sludge until you have a gluey, sticky, slightly orange-flavored chocolate ball.
2. Add enough cocoa nibs for texture and crunch. The texture should be slightly jellied, but firm (a little like well set Turkish delight) but with crunchy walnut bits and cocoa nibs.
3. Roll the mix into apricot pit-sized truffles, and set aside whilst making the chocolate for the shells.
4. Whiz all ingredients up in your mill or grinder (easier than pie).
5. Finally the blade came out of the mill, and in went the truffles for a toss in their chocolate bath (I used two small cocktail forks to swish them around).
Mopoke's ThoughtsBy Mopoke
Raw food Tim Tams!
My son wouldn't agree, but for me, this is the closest I've come since being raw to that chocolate covered biscuit slice with the fudgy innards that, despite being so bad for me,used to taste great savored with a glass of icy milk.
The resemblance came in the way that, when I nibbled the truffle in between small sips of water, the chia filling literally melted into the mouth. Um, maybe you had to be there.
This was a recipe that I wasn't expecting to be a keeper, so the measurements are approximate.
NB: Double dipped truffles would be even more decadent!
Double NB: These truffles must be kept refrigerated. The chocolate mix will melt at room temperature!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Pomegranate is on the front lines of skin defensemikem - 23 hours 16 min ago
Less hungry on raw diet?Harmony1 - 1 day 4 hours ago
What You Ate Todayalexg9433 - 1 day 13 hours ago
Lip BalmAmelia421 - 1 day 20 hours ago
What's the best moisturizer for dry skin?Amelia421 - 1 day 20 hours ago