1 cup cashews
1 cup brazil nuts (I use half and half, because of the selenium that brazil nuts provide)
2 acidophilus tablets (if you don’t have a high speed blender, use capsule pills that you can break open)
1 cup of water
1/2 cup of chopped leeks
1 tablespoon fresh basil (chopped)
1 tablespoon fresh mint (chopped)
1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3 teaspoons nutritional yeast
1. To make the base, in a high speed blender, combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth.
2. Place an adequate amount of cheese cloth in a mason jar, and secure with outer ring lid (takes a bit of force). Scoop mixture into cheese cloth and let sit in a warm/dark place for 24-48 hours – I use my microwave to store the jar.
3. After 24-48 hours, the excess liquid will have drained from the nut cheese. Scoop mixture out into separate bowl.
4. Fold mix-in ingredients in fermented cheese. Mix well by hand.
5. To assemble, using a ring mold, scoop mixture into ring and place in freezer for about 10 minutes. Once set, remove ring, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with fresh herbs.
Rawxy's ThoughtsBy Rawxy
An upscale onion spread that's just divine... Mmmmm.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note