Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
YieldAround 3-4 cups
1 cup raw coconut butter (I used Artisana; melt under warm running water)
2 bananas (mashed)
¾ cup raw cacao powder
1 young Thai coconut (only the "milk")
½ cup raw amber agave nectar
Peppermint oil (to taste)
1. Start with the coconut butter. I had just bought a fresh jar, so I ran it under warm water for several minutes. The whole jar doesn’t have to melt. Just enough to get about 1 cup.
2. Pour melted coconut butter into a small-medium sized bowl. In a separate bowl, mash two bananas. Put bananas in mixing bowl with coconut butter.
3. Proceed to add cacao powder, agave nectar, and coconut milk to thin out the “batter”.
4. Finish by adding the peppermint oil to taste.
5. Since I just bought an ice cream maker, I put the mix in the ice cream maker and waited till it was done.
6. If you do not own an ice cream maker, place mix in a container and put it in the freezer. Stir the mix every 30 minutes or so until desired consistency.
Meganthevegan's ThoughtsBy meganthevegan
I swear they taste just like Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies.
This ice cream incorporates the refreshing, mouth-cooling peppermint and rich cacao-chocolate. An awesome treat at any time!
Mine is still freezing, but the “batter” alone was just so amazing because it tasted just like Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies!
The picture is not my own. I imagine the finished product to be of that texture and color. I’ll definitely have pictures when it’s done!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Winter! Raw till four???? Advice!!! Weight gain?Harmony1 - 10 hours 50 min ago
Is bagged salads raw vegan?Harmony1 - 10 hours 55 min ago
Tryin AgainTammiTrue - 6 days 11 hours ago
Whole Grain Unhulled Hemp SeedsTammiTrue - 6 days 11 hours ago
How Long does Irish Moss Keepmoniquet - 1 week 4 days ago