Yield1 large ice cream cake
3 cups raw almond flour (soaked)
1½ cups raw cashews (soaked 5 hours, rinsed, drained several times)
1½ cups Thai young coconut meat
1 cup raw agave nectar
4 teaspoons peppermint extract
¼ cup fresh mint leaves
1 recipe Raweo cookies with nut milk (on this site, make the cookies a lot smaller to the size of regular Oreos)
¼ cup raw cocoa powder
¾ cup dried shredded coconut or coconut powder
1 to 2 recipes worth of my raw whipped cream (add 1/4 cup mint leaves to the blender before making whipped cream)
FIRST CAKE LAYER
1. Blend the almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut powder, (use less oil if you want), and as much agave nectar as you need to get it sweet in the Vitamix. It should be like a thick dough.
2. Spread 1/3 of the dough onto the bottom of a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. This layer should be about 1 inch thick.
4. Blend the soaked cashews, coconut meat, 1/4 cup agave nectar, peppermint extract, and mint leaves until completely smooth.
5. Process through an ice cream maker.
6. Before done in the ice cream maker, crumble in the raweo cookie sandwiches.
7. Spread half of the ice cream over the cake layer, and then spread the other half of the cake dough on top of the ice cream.
8. Spread the other half of the ice cream on top of this cake layer.
9. On the edges of the cake, pipe a lot of whipped cream all around the cake. Top some shavings of my mint chocolate bars and some raweo crumbles.
10. Freeze the cake for about 1-2 hours, cut, and enjoy!
Rawclaire's ThoughtsBy rawclaire
Thanks to the Oreo cookies recipe on this site, this is awesome!
Superman!, let me know if this is your type of thing!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note