Raw cream of mushroom soup recipe
Shelf LifeEat immediately
- 1. Wash and dry your mushrooms. Chop 'em up a bit.
- 2. Add all ingredients (except the second amount of reserved finely chopped mushrooms) into your high-speed blender. Blend on high until very smooth and well-blended. Blend for an abnormally long time because you want this raw cream of mushroom recipe to be slightly warm when coming out of the blender.
- 3. Pour liquidy mushroom soup mixture into a bowl(s). Add remaining mushrooms and stir with a spoon. See what we're doing here? We're making a liquidy mixture and then adding some chunks to it to give it some texture and variety. That's the trick to all my raw soups.
- 4. Eat this raw cream of mushroom soup recipe immediately, while still warm from the blender!
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
I am posting this raw cream of mushroom soup recipe for my raw friend Gayla. She is dying to making a batch of raw cream of mushroom soup so I wanted to post my simple mushroom soup recipe for her ASAP! I've actually been eating this for lunch all the time lately. As you can tell, I am on a raw vegan soup kick!
It's really quite freaky how much this tastes like Campbell's brand cream of mushroom soup. Also, you can vary the water content of this soup quite a bit to alter the result. I would start with 1/4 cup of water and slowly add a bit more water if necessary to (a) facilitate blending; and (2) to get the consistency that you like your soup.
Another note... Sometimes I like to make a very thick batch of this soup and use it like a mushroomy gravy, as well. Mmm!
In terms of portion sizes, this raw vegan mushroom soup recipe is perfect for one nice big bowl of soup for one person.
- This recipe is very low in Carbohydrates.
- This recipe is a good source of Protein, and Iron.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin K.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
My Recipe Notes
You do not have any notesAdd New Note
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes