Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
2 apples (cored, chopped)
2 tablespoons agave
1 tablespoon cinnamon (to taste)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup water (or more)
Pinch of salt
2 cups buckwheat (soaked for 30-60 minutes, rinsed)
2 tablespoons flax seeds soaked in 6 tablespoons water (basically an egg replacement)
1/2 cup almonds (ground)
1. Blend the apple, agave, dates, cinnamon, water, and vanilla until everything is well-blended and there are no lumps.
2. In a processor, add the blended syrup, buckwheat, flax mixture, and almonds. Process until everything is thoroughly mixed.
3. Using teflex or parchment/wax paper, spread mixture evenly onto trays. The thicker the spread, the longer it will take to dehydrate.
4. I dehydrated on 110 Fahrenheit but 105 Fahrenheit is fine. (Be careful not to make the ends thin, because it will dry faster and even crack.)
5. I would score after about 16 hrs (or more for those using 105 degrees), flip over, and dehydrate for 2 or more hours until dry.
RawNibbler's ThoughtsBy RawNibbler
This was a lovely mistake. I was attempting to make apple cinnamon grawnola.
I'm so used to making grawnola with dehydrated buckwheat groats (simply adding fruit and syrup to the dry groats then dehydrating), but this recipe called for soaked buckwheat groats.
I misread the recipe and didn't realize that the syrup was to be added to the soaked groats--not processed along with it!
If the groats would have been dry, it would have been fine. So the outcome was bread/toast. It's the tastiest mistake I've made this year.
The texture is soft like bread, similar to Ezekiel bread.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Alkaline water - healthy or not?JonWalter - 18 hours 59 min ago
Staying raw during quarantineClaireT - 2 days 9 hours ago
Body craving warm foods to stay warmkatherinep - 3 days 23 hours ago
I have been buying organic oats from a prominent supplier. They will not sprout.ClaireT - 1 week 3 days ago
Should I sprout all my seeds and nuts?ClaireT - 1 week 3 days ago