Rating4.5/5 (from 4 ratings)4.5
3 cups fresh butternut squash (peeled, seeded, grated, reserve 1/4 cup for garnish)
1 apple (peeled, cored, and grated)
1½ cups coconut milk (homemade or canned)
2 tablespoons agave or maple syrup (optional)
½ teaspoon cold pressed pumpkin seed oil or grape seed oil
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
Dash of sea salt (optional)
Raw pumpkin seeds (for garnish)
1. Wash the butternut squash and apple. Set apple aside.
2. Take the butternut squash and carefully cut in half. Use a spoon to remove seeds and fibrous material from the cavity. Reserve seeds for another use.
3. Peel skin with vegetable peeler, and then grate into a large bowl. Measure 3 1/4 cups for garnish.
4. Carefully cut apple lengthwise in half. Remove core with a melon baller and grate both halves into the same large bowl with the grated squash.
5. Place grated butternut squash and apple in blender or food processor. Add remaining ingredients to blender/food processor and blend/pulse until smooth and creamy.
6. To serve, ladle soup into serving bowls. Garnish with reserved grated butternut squash and raw pumpkin seeds.
STORING THE EXTRA
7. To refrigerated extra butternut squash, wrap tightly in plastic wrap or store in an airtight container in bottom bins. It should keep for up to 1 week. To freeze, cut squash into manageable pieces, place in individual freezer bags and label with date and description. Keeps up to one month.
Nyuszi's ThoughtsBy Nyuszi
The combination of butternut squash, apple and coconut milk creates this simple silky puree soup with a fresh sweet slightly nutty flavor.
This soup is filling yet low in calories.
It is a high source of antioxidants, fiber, Vitamin A, and C, among other nutrients.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
FRUITARIAN!!!!loverlyjoy - 2 days 23 hours ago
Sick when eating cooked foodloverlyjoy - 3 days 10 min ago
Winter! Raw till four???? Advice!!! Weight gain?Harmony1 - 6 days 10 hours ago
Is bagged salads raw vegan?Harmony1 - 6 days 10 hours ago
Tryin AgainTammiTrue - 1 week 5 days ago