Raw raspberry crumble recipe
Shelf Life3 days in fridge - Store crumble and fruit separately
Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
- 1. Briefly process coconut, walnuts, and salt until walnuts are reduced in size.
- 2. Add dates and continue to process until mixture is coarse meal that still looks fluffy. Do not over-process. (You may still see small dark chunks of dates, but that’s okay.)
- 3. Dump processed mixture into pie plate or glass dish. Press mixture firmly down into pan, similar to making a pie crust.
- 4. Refrigerate crumble crust for one hour. Do not add the berries to the mixture!
- 5. Cut crust into slices and place in individual bowls – one bowl for each person or each serving.
- 6. Once you are ready to eat, top each serving with a scoop of wet, thawed berries and then add a sprinkle off fresh raspberries on top. If not eating right away, store fruit and crumble separately.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
This coconut/walnut/salt/date mixture is a very versatile recipe.
Do not combine the fruit with the crumble mixture until you are ready to eat!! Otherwise everything will get soggy.
The moisture content is important in this recipe. If your dates are quite hard and dry (not super fresh), soak them in warm water for fifteen minutes before using to soften them. Drain and pat them dry.
Thawed berries are preferable than fresh berries in this recipe because thawed berries are very wet, and they will coat the crumble nicely.
Once combined with berries, this recipe gets soggy very quickly. Avoid assembling the two until *immediately* before eating. Leftovers should be stored separately - one container for crumble, another container for berries.
For a fancier presentation, try layering fruit and crumble in a tall drinking glass or custard cup. Top with raw whipped cream for even more pizzazz.
- This recipe is very low in Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Protein, Dietary Fiber, and Vitamin B6.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes