2 cups buckwheat (soaked 15 minutes and left overnight)
1/2 cup coconut (ground or fine)
1/2 cup dried apricots (soaked for 10 minutes in warm water)
2 teaspoons agave syrup or honey
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1 teaspoon ginger (ground)
2 teaspoons mesquite meal or carob
Dash of sea salt (optional)
Fine coconut for rolling (optional)
1. Put buckwheat into a food processor and add all the other ingredients. Process.
2. Take small amounts of mixture and form into a ball in your hand.
3. Roll in coconut if you like and place on a Teflex sheet.
4. Take a cup of cold water and dip a fork into it. Flatten each little ball into a cookie. The fork dipped in water helps it to stop sticking to the cookie.
5. Dry in dehydrator at 145 Fahrenheit for the first hour. Then turn down to 115 or at a lower temperature if you prefer dry.
6. Flip cookies over for remaining time. Dry until chewy and soft or crunchy!
Sweetpea's ThoughtsBy sweetpea
Lovely crunchy cookie for breakfast, traveling, or as a afternoon snack!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note