Rating3.8/5 (from 4 ratings)3.75
Yield2 large pancakes
1 cup ground flax or 3/4 cup whole flax
1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon cloves
3/4 cup mixed berries
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Grind the flax using the flat blade in a Magic Bullet, personal blender, or grinder until a meal forms. Empty into a medium size bowl.
2. Blend the rest of the ingredients and empty into the bowl with the flax meal.
3. Lightly fold the mixture together and let sit for 5 minutes while you prepare the fruit topping. This will allow the flax meal to become thicker.
4. Slice the bananas lengthwise about 1/4 inch thick. Wash the berries and dry with a paper towel.
5. Divide the sticky, thick cinnamon pancake batter in half over two large plates.
6. Using a spatula, smooth out the surface into a round circular pancake form. Top with the banana slices and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
7. Top with the mixed berries and drizzle with maple syrup, honey, or agave nectar.
Bees Knees Kitchen's ThoughtsBy Bees Knees Kitchen
One of my best-loved Sunday morning options are these scrumptious Cinnamon Pancakes--warm tasting, sweet, and overflowing with fruit.
Selene at Veganlicious had the genius idea of adding bananas as the binding agent and I had to make my own version! Thanks Selene for the inspiration!
Serve these Cinnamon Pancakes with lavender honey or warm maple syrup!.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Disturbing Craving...ClaireT - 2 days 4 min ago
Cilantro - How much per day is safe?yonil - 5 days 6 hours ago
Is bagged salads raw vegan?TammiTrue - 5 days 7 hours ago
Winter! Raw till four???? Advice!!! Weight gain?ClaireT - 1 week 6 days ago
How to improve fertility?ClaireT - 1 week 6 days ago