Rating4/5 (from 1 ratings)4
YieldMade 15 burgers of considerable size
2 tablespoons cumin seed (ground 1 tablespoon)
1 tablespoon coriander seed
2 tablespoons salt
8 cloves garlic
2 carrots (chopped)
1 cup sun-dried tomato (soaked til soft)
1/8 cup olive oil
¼ cup raw soy sauce
3 scallions (diced/minced)
4 celery stalks (diced)
1 medium zucchini (diced)
1½ cups pumpkin seeds (soaked)
1½ cups pistachios (soaked)
½ cup sprouted quinoa (optional)
1. Soak pumpkin seeds, pistachio, tomato. Dice celery, zucchini, scallions. Set aside.
2. Put carrot, jalapeno, garlic, tomato, olive oil, soy sauce in food processor. Pulse until small pieces.
3. Add in pistachio and pumpkin seeds. Process until almost paste (leave some texture).
4. Pour into dice veg mixture. Add rest of ingredients (cumin seed, ground cumin, ground coriander, salt, sprouted quinoa). Best way to mix is with your hand, so wash up and go for it.
5. Once all is incorporated, shape your burgers and place them on the Teflex. I always dehydrate at 105 Fahrenheit or lower, with these I do 100 Fahrenheit. 12 hours on one side, flip and repeat, dehydrate until done to your liking. If you plan to keep them for a long time, dehydrate for a full 48 hours at low temp. They should be a little crunchy on the exterior, but somewhat meaty inside. Dehydrating is a fickle thing, and an art form, based on size, humidity, and whether you soaked things or not. Use your own knowledge and taste as you go. One thing is for certain though, if you are serious about raw food and the living enzymes, don’t go over 115 Fahrenheit, you will be losing enzymes.
BmoreRawBoy's ThoughtsBy BmoreRawBoy
Meaty texture and intense flavor.
Satisfying burger with green from celery, jalapenos, zucchini, scallions, pumpkin seeds, and pistachios.
Thanks, these are delicious. I hope you try them.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
Figs-- vegan?ClaireT - 1 day 19 hours ago
FRUITARIAN!!!!greengreengreen - 2 days 12 hours ago
I need to lose stomach fat.greengreengreen - 2 days 12 hours ago
White lines on nailsedwards142 - 4 days 10 hours ago
Any low fat recipes? Awful lot of nuts in almost everythingClaireT - 4 days 16 hours ago