Rating4.2/5 (from 5 ratings)4.2
2 cups almonds (ground)
1 cup coconut flakes
About 8 dates (soaked)
2 cups dried apricots (soaked)
3 tablespoons psyllium husks
4 or 5 peaches
Mint (peppermint) leaves for decoration
1. Blend the soaked dates without the water.
2. Mix the ground almonds and the coconut flakes. Add the date paste to the almond-coconut "flour" and mix it with your hands to form a dough.
3. Press dough into pie pan. Set aside. This allows the dough to get firm.
4. Blend the soaked apricots (without the water) with the banana, juice from about 1/2 lemon, and some vanilla. Stir in the psyllium husks. Set aside.
5. Peel the peaches and cut into slices. Sprinkle with juice from 1/2 lemon.
6. Pour apricot puree evenly onto the crust.
7. Put peach slices above. Decorate with mint leaves.
Helen1001's ThoughtsBy Helen1001
This was the first raw cake I presented to my parents when they visited me in August.
I was so glad. They were really enthusiastic about it.
- you can use any kind of nuts instead of the coconut flakes.
- you can make the crust the day before, so that it gets firmer during the night.
- it tastes good with cashew-coconut cream. You can see in on the picture.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.